03 Jun God “in Christ” For You (Ephesians 1:3-14)
In the very first chapter of Ephesians, the Apostle Paul lays out the lavish grace of God being poured out upon every believer in Christ Jesus. These gifts are yours without qualification. Your inheritance is a done deal in Jesus. What promises to live under! What hope to daily live our lives by! What confidence we have knowing that these are promised, given, and kept by God himself for you! I simply have laid out the first few verses of Ephesians for you. Read them, consider them, trust them, cling onto them, live in, under, and by them. Oh, and if you ever forget or need to be reminded, you can reread them in Scripture yourself or come see me, and I’ll gladly speak them into your ears! That’s what friends in Christ are for.
- Blessed you in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places (vs. 3)
- Chosen you in Christ before the foundation of the world (vs. 4)
- Chosen that you would be holy and blameless before in Christ (vs. 4)
- In love, predestined you for adoption as His sons and daughters through Christ Jesus (vs. 5)
- Blessed you in His Beloved Son according to the purpose of His will and to the praise of His grace (vs. 6)
- Lavished the riches of His grace upon you by forgiving you your sins through the blood of His son (vs. 7)
- Made known the mystery of His will, according to His purpose, set forth in Christ as His plan to unite all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth, including you. (vs. 8-10)
- Given you an inheritance, in Christ, which God planned and purposed according to His will. (vs. 11)
- Sealed you with His Holy Spirit, upon your hearing and believing in the Gospel of His Son. (vs. 13)
- The Holy Spirit is God’s guarantee to you that your inheritance in Heaven is safe and secure being guarded by God himself. (vs. 14)
In the name of Jesus, Amen.
-Pastor Darrin Sheek